If you are considering meeting up with someone online use this trick identify who really are who they claim to be:
1. Ask them to Skype
2. If they refuse or can’t for some reason ask for a current selfie
3. If they also refuse or can’t do not meet up with them
4. If they provide one ask them to send another with them holding 3 fingers up
5. If they refuse read step 3
6. If they provide a selfie where they show 3 fingers they are probably for real
(If you’re still unconvinced try again with them drawing something in their hand)
I SAY THIS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY
please spread this message as more and more young people are lured out into situations where they get kidnapped because they weren’t 100% sure the person they were talking to was real.
What to do if you see a disabled person struggling to do something
1. Politely ask if they would like assistance. DO NOT do whatever task they’re trying to complete without asking them if they want your help, that is rude.
2. If the decline, accept their refusal and let them know that if they change their mind to just holler. DO NOT get upset or angry that they don’t want your help.
3. FUCKING WALK AWAY AND LET THEM DO THINGS FOR THEMSELVES UNLESS THEY DECIDE TO ASK FOR YOUR HELP
the whole concept of flirting is just lost on me most of the time really. whenever someone is like “oh they were flirting with you” i’m just like. what. whenever someone is like “were you flirting with them?” i’m just like. what. whenever someone is like “oh you totally were flirting with them!” i’m just like. what. what is flirting. what is going on. what. i have no idea what’s going on. what
I think being in a relationship and then coming out of it has made me really romance-repulsed. Like I am capable of romantic feelings but honestly I don’t want to go through that again. I just want to have platonic partners and be done with romantic feelings.
woah looks like I’m back on tumblr
Casual reminder that BEING A MEMBER OF ONE OPPRESSED GROUP DOES NOT GIVE YOU LEAVE TO CONTRIBUTE TO ANOTHER GROUP’S OPPRESSION.
Ableist women are just as ableist as ableist men.
Transphobic queer people are just as transphobic as transphobic straight people.
Misogynistic men of color are just as misogynistic as misogynistic white men.
Experiencing one form of oppression doesn’t give you a magical “get-out-of-privilege free” card.
in stories featuring aliens, they’re always like “on my planet this never happens!” or “in my culture, this differs from your human culture.” and that’s neat and all because i like worldbuilding and all that jazz but wouldn’t it be fun if they just. couldn’t do that?
i want a story where humans encounter an alien who frustrates them because they don’t know enough to tell them anything concrete
like humans will ask “tell us about politics in your planet!” and the alien’s all “uh… hold on it’s been a while since i took gov. um….”
"what sorts of plants grow on your planet?"
"i dunno i grew up in the suburbs. they’re like… purple? idk what you want me to say"
"tell us about the culture on your planet!"
"do you have any idea how many fucking countries are back home, i don’t even know where to begin"
"your planet is obviously much more scientifically and technologically advanced than ours. is it possible for you to enlighten us on certain matters concerning space travel, or would that be a form of interference you must avoid?"
"naw it’s cool, it’s just that, um, i’m a philosophy major"